Hiya!
I got your package today and it's awesome! All of my elders were super happy and send their thanks! I especially loved the kid's letters!!!
So I have fantastic news! I received my travel itinerary! I will end up doing 2.5 weeks of MTC in total. (omitted all the times and schedule)
I even found out my release date, which will be April 9, 2013. I will be traveling with one other person, an Elder Yocum I think....
In the meanwhile I've been getting my suits dry-cleaned and clothes washed. Everything is a lot more exciting now that we can see our mission field on the Horizon. This past Sunday we hear the BYU men's choir sing for us and on Tueady we had Ronald A Rasband (Pres. of the Seventy) give a talk for us. I of course shook his hand and now we're practically on fist name basis. (He lets me call him Elder Rasband now. I couldn't take a picture because security was tight, but that's okay I still haven't washed my hand.
The things we've been learning and the lessons we teach to actual investigators are pretty awesome and I have a new found appreciation for missionaries. Even now it all feels surreal and I frequently have to remind myself that I'm a missionary by looking at my badge. However we finally got into the groove of things and our schedule is some what stable, although the missionaries still get sick from time to time I'm sill as healthy as an OX minus the sleep deprivation of course. :)
Sometimes I have to encourage that Elders to keep their chin up, since some seem to get a bit homesick, or start forgetting why they're here. And I guess some people have observed that, so other Elders have come up to me telling me what an example I am or even asking for advice. It's pretty scary though since its an easy way for me to get prideful, but all I have to do is look down at my badge to remind myself to be humble. I finally found some time to start writing all the thank you notes and have even gotten a few things to send to you guys. Let's just say I bought a few triples in various languages.
I'm so excited for the house! I saw the pictures you sent and it looks awesome! The snow finally melted here and its a VERY NICE 50-60 degrees. It's sunny and partly cloudy with a nice 5-10 MPH breeze.
Mucho Love,
Elder Delgado
No comments:
Post a Comment