Thursday, April 14, 2011

9 Abril 2011

It's 1:22 pm here and already it has snowed and hailed. We woke up to about 4 inches of snow on the ground, but the snow melts too quickly. It's also hailed for a few hours and rained as well. we've had this type of weather for the past 3 days. Haha I just saw all the questions you sent me, even after reading the letter at least 10 times. Okay, so I left Bakersfield at precisely 6:20 am in a CRJ900. The flight lasted for an hour and a half, where I got off at Phoenix. I was there for about 2 hours where I met up with a friend from institute. He brought me breakfast, etc. From there I boarded a Airbus A319 to Salt Lake Int'l. We flew to 36,000 feet, and even got to see the immense expanse of the Grand Canyon. My Companion right now is Elder B. Bushman, from Farmington, New Mexico. My schedule is fairly complicated and we still don't know what to do or where to go after all these days. The MTC is HUGE and all the buildings look the same, nor are they in any sort of numerical order. The 6M building is next to the 11M and the 7M is next to the 1M and so on and so forth. The only thing I do know is that we have 5 hours of MDT and day, 1.25 hours of GYM and at least 5 hours of instruction time. As for forgetting things, there are a few things here and there, but nothing critical, except maybe my list of emails and addresses. The kitchen story is hilarious! I can only imagine how that went! How is the house looking now? Also could you send me one of the family pictures? I miss seeing you guys. My hand hurts from writing like a maniac. I've been writing non stop for nearly 5 days. So again, I apologize for my handwriting and its kindergarten appearance. One of the things that makes me laugh around here is the fact that nearly everyone has gotten sick. Nearly everyone goes to the bathroom at least 5 times a day due to this new diet they have us on. I however am the only one who still feels great, mostly because my diet has not changed much here. Did I say I've gained weight as well? I used to weigh 160 and I now weigh about 168 dry weight unloaded :) I think its partly in thanks to the intense gym workouts and super buffet style breakfasts lunches and dinners. It's all you can eat everything I typically have 2-3 dinner plates full of scrambled eggs, bacon, or Hamburgers, Lasagna, Spegettis, Steak, sandwiches, ribs etc. We usually feel like we are about to die of starvation every 2 hours. It's weird. It's now 9:50pm and my good pen just died. It was brand new 5 days ago and the ink ran out. You can imagine all the writing I've been doing right? Anywho, its snowing outside last I checked, although it rains for a few minutes and melts all the snow away. Tomorrow is Sunday and we're definitely looking forward to it, since it's the one day of the week where we have time for a nap. In accordance with tradition here at the MTC the missionaries play pranks on each other. Like dumping loads of SALT into their apple juice or soda. If we're lucky, we can get a sister to write a note to a missionary/victim telling him to show up to an interview with a brother who doesn't exist, in an office that doesn't exist either. It drives the front office crazy when they get a bonus slip since most of the workers here are BYU Student Volunteers, and they don't really know anything and the get mad when they realized they just wasted 20 minutes trying to track down non-existent people. Both the missionary and the front office get mad. Tuesday is my P-day and I'll have 30 minutes of computer time while I wash my clothes. I'll use that time to send my friends messages mostly. Anyway, I'll put an end to this letter before it starts turning into a novel. Mucho Love, Your Missionary, Elder Delgado PS- I love you all and miss you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment