(We received a package today filled with a few things he didn't need to take with him and these 3 letters along with a couple other things - He called his mom from the SLC airport and the LAX Monday on his way to Guatemala and he is doing VERY well and is VERY happy and excited)
I just realized my last letter seemed incomplete and was pretty much unfinished. I guess that's a good thing though since a lot of cool things have happened in the last couple of days. Elder Richard G. Scott came and spoke to us during Tuesday's devotional. What impressed me the most was the spirit you could feel in that room of 3000 people, especially when I was sitting 2 rows away from him. Another awesome thing he did was exercise the blessing of the Gift of Tongues on us all. It seemed unreal to me. The apostles are totally different in person than how we see them in General Conference. They're a lot funnier and more social than I ever thought.
I now have an MTC haircut which I got yesterday. It's pretty awesome and perfectly even. Its been raining for 3 days now and will continue to rain through the weekend. Our of the entire 3 weeks I've been here I've seen blue sky only 3 times. hehe!
On P-day (Tuesday, April 19) we went to the temple and did initiatories for a couple of hours. We later had lunch at the temple where we ate Kiev Chicken, Leg of lamb, Potatoes Etc.
The food here is starting to get a bit boring for us because the food is always delicious. So we really have nothing to look forward to. It's like eating your favorite food for 3 weeks straight, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment