Thursday, April 14, 2011

8 Abril 2011

So it's been less than an hour since I sent the last letter and I already have more news for you. We have a new companion in our midst, Elder Ashworth, called to serve in Arcadia CA. We now number 7 in total with me as district leader. Today, or rather just now, I took my companion Elder Bushman to the clinic, since he's been feeling sick lately. So I was sitting in the lobby and had a conversation with a few sister missionaries, which was intriguing, since it's discouraged to have a lengthy conversation with them. This reminds me since we're all essentially 19 year old kids, we still have difficulty with self control, especially when it comes to sister missionaries. We often find ourselves flirting shamelessly with the pretty sisters. To combat this however, instead of saying , "Oh she's cute" we say shes' simply a "sweet spirit", which cracks me up. Despite all this, we have made tons of friends with the sisters, and truly are sweet spirits. The residence halls are pretty crazy at night before we go to bed. Like I said before, we're all 19 year old kids....all male, with no adult supervision what so ever. You would find several hundred, hormone-driven missionaries having a good time eating, yelling, eating, running, eating, brushing their teeth, then eating some more. I am in apartment 6m-319 which is on the third floor, also known to be the Spanish speaking floor. We still have no idea where those who speak the other languages sleep. The MTC has about 3,000 missionaries, all packed into about 10 buildings. Each building had 4 floors and accommodates about 100 missionaries per floor. 3 hours later: (I had class, so here I am writing again) As District Leader I'm responsible for retrieving the mail. And to my surprise I see your DearElder letters which put a big ol' smile on my face. How are my parents holding up? I've been getting set up for tons of interviews today with branch and zone presidents. Around here, that usually means I'll probably end up being a zone leader in charge of about 200 missionaries. On another note, can my mom send me una toallita para lavarme la cara? I forgot to bring one and they don't sell them here. She'll know what I'm talking about. I also decided to communicate largely through letters, since I can take my time writing and I can write stuff down as they happen and that way I wont forget stuff when I'm writing 30 minute emails in a rush. Eventually I will turn to email through necessity and communicate with everyone. Also, please let everyone know that I'm trying to write to everyone, but I just dont have time except to write this letter. Better yet, just copy these letters word for word to the blog, GOODNIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment