It's about 11 AM here and I'm in the middle of "class". Technically I should be in a meeting right now, but it was cancelled, thus freeing up a few hours of our time. I'm still behind on sleep, so I bought food to keep my entertained, and thus awake. It snowed today heavily for a few hours, but the ground was so wet from the rain that the snow didn't stick together. I woke up along with all other missionaries at 6am. We got up, got ready, and at 7am were in a classroom for MDT (Missionary Directed Time), in which we use this time for personal study etc. At 7:45 we had breakfast and went to the gym for a little more than an hour. We lifted weights, cardio, basketball and ...volleyball. Since I've gotten here I've gained about 7 pounds (4kg) from all the food and exercise. I met, or rather, reunited with Elder Romero from Buena Vista ward. (He is going to Bogota - Sur) And also have met with a few missionaries who are going to Cali, Bogota Norte and Sur. I've explained to them what to expect, showed them the ropes, etc. Almost everyone here is going someplace where I have some sort of connection. So I've given them all my contacts, etc. I've taken lots of pictures since I arrived, from when I left Bakersfield, to Phoenix, to Salt Lake Temple to here at the MTC. My Preparation day is on Tuesday, where I'll be able to use the computer for about half-hour. from what I understand, there is no time-limit here. That's it for now, I hope you can read my writing, since it's sloppy, and I'm just dead-tired/exhausted. But I LOVE IT HERE. mmm......oh! The language barriers here are hilarious! There's always some form of miscommunication, usually between those who are fluent (like us) and those who are learning the language from scratch. However, it usually ends up with someone getting lost, sick, or injured. The sister missionaries are awesome as well, although we were sorely disappointed to see many are...very pretty, and there's nothing we can do about it. That's it for now then, I do request the USB cable for my camera since most computers don't have a card reader. I will be writing continually here in the MTC while I can. I will soon start sending individual letters addressed to friends, so that you can transcribe them via a message on Facebook. I'm ok on supplies and such, except lotion. If possible I'd prefer the one Libia has in her bathroom, the orange kind....and some snacks as well, preferably chocolate and Twizzlers. :) As soon as I finish this letter I'll write another, so you can start receiving regular updates. Of course, with every letter I send I EXPECT news of the family! and other stuff as well. I hope all is going well in Bako! Much Love, Elder Delgado
---------------------------------------------------
Son aproximadamente las 11 y estoy aquí en medio de una "clase". Técnicamente tendría que estar en una reunión, pero fue cancelada. Por lo tanto tenemos algunas horas libres. Todavía me falta sueño, así que compré comida para mantenerme entretenido y por lo tanto despierto. Nevó hoy en gran medida por unas horas, pero el suelo estaba muy mojado por la lluvia y la nieve no se pego. Me desperté junto con todos los otros misioneros a las 6 am. Nos levantamos, nos preparamos, y fuimos a las 7 am a la clase de preparacion. Usamos este tiempo para el estudio personal, etc. A las 7:45 tomamos el desayuno y vamos al gimnasio por un poco más de una hora. Levantamos pesas, jugamos baloncesto, voleiboly hacemos ejercicio cardivascular. Desde que llegue aquí he ganado casi 7 libras (4 kg) por toda la comida y el ejercicio.Me rencontre con el Elder Romero del barrio de Buena Vista. (Él va a la mision Bogotá - Sur) y también se he conocido otros misioneros que van a Cali, Bogotá (Norte y Sur). Le he explicado a ellos lo que pueden esperar. Casi todo el mundo aquí va ha ir a algún lugar donde tengo algún tipo de conexión. Así que les he dado todos mis contactos. He tomado muchas fotos desde que llegué, desde que me fui de Bakersfield, a Phoenix, al Templo de Salt Lake y aquí en el CEM. Mi día de la preparación es el martes, donde voy a poder utilizar la computadora durante mas o menos media hora. Por lo que entiendo, no hay límite de tiempo para usarla aquí. Eso es todo por ahora, espero que puedan leer mis cartas, ya que mi letra es mala, y estoy cansado. Pero me encanta estar aquí. mmm ...... oh! Las barreras del idioma aquí son hilarantes! Siempre hay alguna forma de mala comunicación, por lo general entre los que se hablan ya el idioma (como nosotros) y los que están aprendiendo. Sin embargo, por lo general termina con alguien que se pierde, se enferma o termina herido . Las misioneras son impresionantes y, aunque estábamos muy decepcionados de ver que muchos son ... "muy bonitas", y no hay nada que podamos hacer al respecto. Eso es todo por ahora, entonces, puedo solicitar el cable USB para mi cámara porque la mayoría de equipos no tienen un lector de tarjetas. Voy a estar escribiendo continuamente aquí en el MTC mientras pueda. Pronto comenzará a enviar cartas individuales dirigidas a los amigos, de modo que usted puede transcribir a través de un mensaje en Facebook. Yo estoy bien en los suministros y pero necesito loción. Si es posible prefiero la que tine Libia en su baño... y algunos bocadillos, así como chocolates y Twizzlers. :) Tan pronto como termine esta carta voy a escribir otra, para que puedan comenzar a recibir noticias periódicas. Por supuesto, con cada carta que envíen ESPERO noticias de la familia! y otras cosas así. Espero que todo va bien en Bako! Mucho amor, Elder Delgado
No comments:
Post a Comment