OMGoodness. Clara is HUGE!!!! She looks like Levi with long hair!
Wow, the storms there are getting pretty bad, huh? I heard its bad in Utah as well. Hehe, for Christmas here, everyone sets off fireworks. My companion and I are planning to spend the night here in Coban, and staying up till midnight witt everyone else, to watch the fireworks and celebrate.
As for phone calls, Im definitely sure that I will call you, and then have you redial me back. Phone calls will definitely be longer this time around. Today I took a picture in Coban, had it printed, and will be sending them home to you, to share with everyone. (I had 7 copies printed) I should be getting the packages either by this week or the next, we shall soon see. jeje! im totally excited though, my companion and I are planning a christmas dinner to cook at the house. (most likely home-raised, roasted turkey.) jejeje!!
We loved the Christmas devotional, and saw every minute of it yesterday. The entire zone was there, so we shared the experience as a group of about 20 missionaries.
The storms have been mild now. We are entering the dry season, but its still realllllyyyy cold here.
I think I may have to buy an overcoat....and extra socks.
Im excited for my parents! They are just doing really well arent they!?
Jajaja, I wish I could be there with the kids! It would be awesome around this time of year.
Thank you to nathan for fasting for us! I love that guy! We tried fasting, but my companion felt sick and almost passed out on saturday from fasting for only a few hours. (we have really rugged terrain, and were hiking for about 4 hours that day) I admit I felt dizzy as well. So we went home early and slept from 7pm straight through till 6:30 the next morning.
Although thanks to nathans fasting, we feel really well now, and are excited for the rest of the week (pretty much the only week that we will work hard) since the rest of the month will be dedicated to temple dedications, meetings, conferences, travelling, and celebrations. jeje!
Hahaha, we have been singing christmas songs since thanksgiving!
Its been the longest holiday season ever.!
Tanchi is ENORMOUS. Theres lots of mountains, jungle, sinkholes, caves, waterfalls, rivers, lakes, paths, etc that just blows my mind. We are really out in the boonies, but are really close to Coban (approx 1 hour). I love this area!
My companion however isnt a big fan of taking pictures, in fact, i only found out today that he even has a camera.
We are doing really well, eating well, and working well together! One thing I love about Coban, is the whole diet thing. I just had lasagna for the first time since I left Bakersfield. It was delicious, and now I feel like throwing up...
If those prayers and thoughts about me is all the cold and soreness im feeling everyday, then Yes, I definitely feel your guys' presence here! jajaja! I finally got around to translating my patriarcal blessing to Spanish yesterday. It flows really nicely. Im proud of it. :D Im also compiling a book dedicated to Cincho. (Cincho = Chastisement using the scriptures to make people feel bad or guilty and invite to repentance.) Ive compiled about 200 scriptural references so far to just smack people with the holy ghost with. Its always fun when us missionaries get into scripture battles, and just have fun. It helps with getting to memorize and adapt the scriptures for just about any situation. For example, scriptures like Alma 5:32,
Dyc 33:10
38:27
41:5
75:23
68:25
and so on and so forth..
I think Ill bring it home with me 16 months from now.
News of the week, I turn 8 months old tomorrow! woohoo! just 16 to go. jejeje!
Anyway, I love ya all!
Mucho love,
Andrés
No comments:
Post a Comment