Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28, 2011

This week, my new area, and my new comp are epic!!!

I am in Tanchi, near Coban. It is perpetually cold here. There is always "Chipi Chipi" which means, "everlasting rain".

It NEVER stops sprinkling here. We are at an elevation of about 4000 feet. There is always fog, rain, mud, and wind.
As always, I am in the mountains, and teaching in Qeqchi. The usual temperature is about 65, and drops to the low 50s at night.  I have to proselyte with cold weather gear on.

My new house is dubbed "The Tanchi Mansion".  For two elders, we have a HUGE house in the middle of nowhere.
Theres a lot empty land here, so we have a problem with mice. I killed 3 over the course of this week.  We also have a roach problem, which my companion takes care of, because hes afraid of mice.

My companion is Elder T., from Layton, Utah. Hes awesome. We talk about guns and cars and cool american man stuff. I got kindof bored talking about soccer all the time. jejeje

I am especially excited for Tanchi, because there is the rumor that theres a village within my area with about 300 people ready for baptism. Provided the rumor is true, If my companion and I work hard enough in that village, we could have a few hundred baptisms within the next couple months. We would have to set up a branch there though, and go through hundreds of interviews. jejej! The only downside is that its a very rural village thats really hard to get to. So we have to do our homework first.


I miss the boys oh so much!  Say hi to them for me!!


The food is great here, we actually have access to a few stores that import american products.
You just made me crave mashed potatoes. What the heck!

My time in the capital was great, I was with Elder L. and L., from Utah, and Nicaragua, respectively.
We were an epic trio. Period. jeje. The travel time from the Capital to my area is about 6 hours. So if a snake bites me, or if I break my leg or arm, or several ribs resulting from stupid decisions, Not to worry, theres a hospital in the capital. jejeje.

Overall, i FEEL GREAT with my new area, and am totally looking forward to the next few months here.

Love, and Merry Christmas, ut Happy Thanksgiving, ut Kwaanza ut hannukah to everyone at Church!

Cheeril Erib, ut Nakexinra
X'baan Aj Lex Jay, ut.

No comments:

Post a Comment