The weather here is pretty crazy as well, we have lightning and rainstorms every night, and more to come, since we are well into the rainy season. We usually have to go home early, around 7-ish, because it gets pitchblack outside, and the rain soaks through our backpacks and ruins our books and other materials.
Well, the visit from Pt and Sister Watts didnt go as planned. They couldnt come up to the baptisms in our area, but rather, we went to Sacsuha, near La Tinta (a 3 hour hitchhike) and had a mini-conference with them that lasted all day. We spent thursday night in Sacsuha, and returned to our area on friday. During that time, Sister Watts was stunned in the weight ive lost since I arrived in Guatemala, (I showed her pictures of me before the mission), and *STRONGLY* recommended that I begin to gain weight. So I am definitely trying to find a way to get fat again.
Our baptisms were fantastic! Everything went as planned, the young couple were married, and baptized, along with the boy of 9 years. We later celebrated by going to Sepamac and having a barbecue with a family totally unrelated to anyone in aforementioned baptism. Pats on the back all around.!
Unfortunately, as much as id like to go to the capital, its not going to happen. We will stay here in Chulac, and help translate the Conference from spanish to qeqchi, for those who dont know espanish.
The "Bomb" was..effective. Im feeling, and eating alot healthier.. I hope to get fat soon, from eating all these tortillas. I had 8 tortillas yesterday, and about 2 lbs of beans...and chile.. It was yummy I guess.
Right now, our investigators are A. , and W. , a 16 year old girl and 11 year old boy from different families, who already have a baptismal date for the 8th of october. They just need to come to church this sunday to complete a requirement. We also have C. , from Sepamac, who really just needs to find a friend in the church, so he can attend, and later be baptized. We have a lot more, but these are the only ones I can remember right now. jejeje
mmmm I havent heard of any holidays here in chulac. The only big holidays here are on Dec. 7 and Christmas/New years.
mmm Physical things, the only thing thats critical here is a flashlight.
I may need a good one, which they dont sell here. Is my flashlight still with my stuff? the camouflage one that says rayovac on the side? That thing is a beast, its waterproof, and low maintenence. Maybe I can have it sent here? idk. Nothing else is really wearing out that I know of. But Ill definitely let ya know!
Spiritually,..I do admit I feel kinda lonely. My companion and I do talk bunches, but its just him and no one else, since I cant really communicate with anyone else. Although im spiritually happy and my testimony is growing, and essentially, I cant possibly be in a better place. Everywhere else there is only worldly things and worries. I love it here in Chulac. Life is simple, and totally uncluttered.
ooh, good question!
My favorite things that ive studied here, hmmm As odd as it sounds, its definitely Geography!
Since Ive arrived in Guatemala, Ive read the Book of Mormon at least 4 times cover to cover.
Each time, I discover something new. In the past few weeks, it has been the geography described in the BOM. Ive been comparing the places of the cities, battles, rivers, lamanite vs. Nephite territory that I read in Ether and Helaman, to a map I bought of central america.
I think Chulac, Senahu, Seritquiche, and Chijolom are all the places where many of the battles and cities were fought and founded from the way the rivers and valleys are described.
Apparently, there are a few ruins here in the region, and caves with archaelogical artifacts and human remains from the lamanite era.
Well, im still not teaching much, but so far its Lesson 3, the Plan of Salvation. Its pretty much nonrefutable, and people dont know how to argue against it. The Plan of Salvation pretty much grabs everyones attention, and leaves them wanting to know more. I love teaching it whenever given the chance. Its just so easy to learn, and fun to teach!
I love the pictures! Mas Nim li xtibel eb lix Clara!!!!
nakatinra!
Laj Elder Delgado
No comments:
Post a Comment