WOOOO!!!! Just about 6 months in, and think I still have the new missionary smell on me. I still feel new!! But time flew so fast, I really did not feel 6 months fly by. I still remember the MTC like yesterday, its pretty amazing!
This week has been jam-packed with success and awesome (and interesting) experiences.
First, yes, I have parasites. Sister Westenskow, formerly the mission nurse, is going to give me "The Bomb" today. I will be incapacitated for a couple days.
We slaughtered and cooked a chicken, from start to finish. It was yummy. (Sorry, but I cant help but report these kind of events, theyre just too awesome) Same with a pig. It was also yummy.
Pdt. and Sister Watts will be coming up to our neck of the woods on saturday I believe, I'm totally excited for their arrival!!!!
We will be marrying a young couple this thursday in Panzos, and will baptize the husband, this saturday, along with a 9 year old.
We have been visiting O. and his wife for a couple months now, and are an awesome couple, strong in the church, and fantastic investigators! They are really young, O. 22, and his wife 17. Pdt and Sister Watts will be there to see it too, which has us totally on edge.
D. is a young kid who weve visited a few times now, he is waaay smart, and basically goes to church half hour before his parents do. We had a few other baptismal dates, but they fell through, since they didnt show up to church yesterday, so were hoping to work with them a bit more. We will see how it goes.
We did the math and calculated distances, to see how far we walk on a daily basis, depending where we go, since we have 5 areas.
Here goes:
If we go to Sajomté, we walk about 10 miles per day.
Sepamac: 14 miles.
Buena Vista: 7 miles
Corralpek: 22 miles.
If we tract right there where we live, we walk about 3 miles per day. We figured it out with a pedometer that we bought, plus walking speed over time calculated. Mind you, its all mountainous terrain, which makes it fun, otherwise it would be boring on level ground. Did I tell you I love this area?
People always ask me how it is where I live, and Its always fun and interesting to describe how California is, and the USA in general. Some people apparently think that kekchi is spoken worldwide, and that the little town of El Estor is the biggest city ever. After the lesson we give them, we usually go into small talk about economics, such as cow prices, corn prices, chicken prices, terrain, lumber, etc.
Did you know you can buy approximately a half acre with 2000 quetzales? (approx 250$ USD)
Anyway, qeqchi is seeming alot easier to understand. I definitely know the grammar, I just lack vocabulary to form sentences, which I will mostly be studying this week out of the qeqchi dictionaries I have.
My companion and I have had a super successful week, and are placing baptism dates left and right, and finding a lot more people to teach.
Thats about it, I feel like I dont write enough to you guys, so I dont know if you wanted to know anything else in detail, so just feel free to ask TONS of questions. jejej
Tell the boys I love em all!! jeje
Tell Levi "Li Chinakachin, mas chinaus laat!!!!" (Lee Cheen-ah Kah Cheen, Mas Cheen-ah-oos laaat!) It means youre an awesome/beautiful/gorgeous kid! jejeje
Anyway, tell Carina happy late birthday!
mas rahoc,
laj jay!
No comments:
Post a Comment