So Travis is home already?¡?¡? wow time flies quick! im just about 7 months into the mission. Its pretty scary to think how fast the mission flies by. It just seems like a few days of man-Camp. Wow so levi joined the club huh?¿ eso siii!!! I shall call him mini-mee!! jaja my parents just never change do they?¿ im glad to hear about the mouse, or at least some type of small mammal. we just have snakes, lizards, and turtles here...oh and poisonous tree frogs as well.. no biggie though. just the usual guatemalan, man-eating reptiles and amphibians.
you know, i think you would laugh upon reading this, but how funny would it be if CHULAC (out of all places) would be the place that got me liking spicy bowls of sardine soup and other seafood? it was delicious. and so was the spicy chile that came with it.
I think I had the most spiritual experience out of my entire mission about an hour ago. There was a man who is the owner of an enormous hacienda in chulac. a very wealthy guy. he gave us a ride in his truck, with me inside, and my comp outside. he told me that a whole bunch of communist revolutionaries tried to take his life, and his hacienda this morning (and its true, there ARE communists here) so he asked me what he should do. i responded prayer! he totally looked surprised, but soon showed me some messages from his family regarding prayer. he stopped the car and asked for us to pray. I think it helped. he is a chemical engineer who graduated from a Univ. in New York, but was born and raised in guatemala. So he was very educated and asked soulful questions that had me speaking through the spirit. it was quite refreshing. I talked to him about the history of the book of mormon, the priesthood, the power of prayer, and prophets. in the end, I think our ride together was more than just a ride. I have a feeling it wont be the last I see of him. I just cant get over how awesome that experience was!! We had this conversation for the entire 2.5 hours that we were in the car together. longest lesson of my life. I just thought Id share that with ya.
In other news, My companion and I baptised 5 more people this past thursday. We also had zone conference in Coban, and Elder Amado, of the Seventy gave us the most fantastic talk ive heard in a very long time.
Theres no way I can explain or tell you everything over a little email, but its been a fantastic 2 weeks doing what I do. And theres no way I would change it.!
Anyway, I love you and miss you all!
Nakexinra, ut chawil awib!
Laj Lex Jay
No comments:
Post a Comment