Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011

HEY!
Last week had me worried, when no one wrote to me.
 
Greetings from Coban!
I am roughly 7 hours from home in Chulac, which amounts to a 2 day trip.
We are here for zone conference, where we will hear from an Elder from the 70.
 
I ate McDonalds for the first time in about 4 months. I had a Deluxe Breakfast ..with everything.
I also had my first yogurt in about 5 months.
a whole Liter of Activia drinkable yogurt.
I downed it in about 10 minutes.
It was worth every penny...err...quetzal I mean.
Another first?
I had my first chocolate bar in about 3 months as well.
Im hoping to find some poptarts later today. It would be the first time I eat that in since I came on the mission. (roughly 7 months).
 
My weight is now a nice ..kind of normal 155 lbs. I gained 10 lbs from the last time I weighed myself 2 months ago. I hope to go up to 180 by the time I go home 17 months from now.  Our monthly allowance was raised this month by a significant amount so we can eat healthier.
 
I am going on 7 months now, and time is..i repeat for the kajillionth time..flying by!!
 
I am definitely an older missionary now, and now have the opportunity to see other brand new missionaries enter the field. Ive had nightmares where I finished my mission and found myself at home. I absolutely positive i had no life whatsoever before my mission. jeje
 
This week we have 5 baptisms for this thursday, and will take the zone leaders up to korral pek for the interviews on wednesday. (a 22 mile hike).
 
I feel i am not fluent in english anymore, and feel strong urges to interject qeqchi vocabulary now and then in my sentences. i .. must..fight!
 
We found a turtle in our yard.
Its our pet and we feed it bananas and mangoes.
we call it Li china Pek.
(The little Rock)
 
How is everyone else? how are my parents health? How are the boys?
Are Sara and Libia still going to church consistently?
 
I received a letter from brother Campbell, and wanted to express my thanks and appreciation for his fantastic letters!  I would write a letter back, but theres no post offices where I am at. Ill try to figure out what I can do.
 
Its been raining in chulac all week.  Ive been told its because theres a tropical storm nearby?  It has been really windy lately though, so I dont doubt it.
 
Anyway, I think libia said she sent a package a couple weeks ago? im not sure, I never received confirmation. But if she did, then I should be receiving it tomorrow. But then again, I dont want to get to excited just in case she didnt.  It makes us missionaries crazy when we are in doubt about this sort of casaca...Oh well. I like surprises anyway. jeje
 
mmm..Oh, tell everyone I said hi, including laat li tyucua, (your parents), ut lix hermaaneb (the congregation)
and of course, the boys.
 
I dont think im forgetting anything else...mmm
just the fact that im seeing civilization for the first time in 3 months.
 
Its been one looooonnggg camp-out.
 
Rahoc, ut nakexinra,
 
Laj Jay
 

No comments:

Post a Comment