I baptized for the first time this past saturday. A 14 year old girl named Yajaira C., and I will be baptizing again this saturday; also a 12 year old girl named Paola C. (Yajairas sister).
The C. family is one of my favorite families to visit, besides the fact that they give us food every time we stop by, but also because everyone is a member, and the family is incredibly united in the church. We hold family home evening with them practically every monday. And we visit about 4 or 5 times a week with a lesson.
In preparation for the Polochic, you know how I was looking for some boots? I found some Caterpillar boots, worth at least 200 USD, and I was expecting to pay about 1000 kets for them.
Final price, plus 2 brand spanking new shirts? 300 kets. The boots are brand new, and no one has ever worn them, because they are huge to anyone else. Theyre size 46, (13 in the US). Plus, these things are so heavy duty and bulletproof, If I stepped on a land mine, my leg wold be utterly destroyed, but the boot would still be intact.

{From left to right: My companions boots, My Current boots, and my NEW Boots}
I also recorded a quick video of your typical rainstorm here, I hope you enjoy. Keep in mind my boots got soaked just walking in the street. Also, we try to avoid going out in storms like these, and if we do go out, we try to stay within the colony. Mainly because it takes about a week for our clothes to dry; we cant hang them up outside, obviously because it rains just about 24/7.
So we hang them up inside, where its about 70-80% humidity, with no air current to keep the air flowing. hehehe We run out of clothes quick, and on some occasions weve had to wear the same clothes up to 4 days straight.
Anyway, as for other news, our mission president goes home tomorrow, and everyone is excited to meet the new mission president. Oh, and I also realized I've adopted the chapín spanish. I now include guatemalan vocabulary in my conversations. I think if we talked on the phone, you would not recognize me. Oh by the way, I do receive my moms e-mails, I typically have no problem receiving e-mails or anything.
Tell the family i love em and miss em.
Rahóc,
Laj Ticho Baq


No comments:
Post a Comment